Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Fun Fun with the Cousins!!

So... Monday I kept my kids home from school and we went to the Scarecrow Festival at Thanksgiving Point! Some say irresponsible ... I say cool mom! It was so much fun. We have gone once before and didn't go last year and really missed it. This year my cousin Angie, Laurie and their cute kids came! We love any reason to get together with family.

Sean Bradley was there helping at the festival. I saw this as some exciting opportunity. Explained that he played basket ball etc to my kids thinking this would bring them to my level of excitement over the photo opp. I said "want a picture with him?" I got a "nah" from Tyler and a " with who that super tall guy" from Justin. It wasn't until I explained he was the guy in Space Jam that Justin got on board! Woot woot! Then I at least got a "sure" from Tyler. I'm hoping we're not already coming into the too cool for all of moms crazy pictures phase! Sean Bradley was super nice as I'm sure he gets tired of this same scenario all the time.

Last time I swore I was going to paint their faces before I left home rather than pay for this if we went again! lol , cheap mom. I suppose it adds to the experience for them though so....




We had so much fun! 6 hours to be exact! And Tyler made it to the top of the rock wall this year! Good Job Tyler!!! I think one of my highlights of the day however was watching my cute little niece Jacey , the free spirit that she is walking around dancing barefoot to the band like we were at Woodstock!

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Thanks for the fun day. My kiddos loved it! My highlight was the kettle corn and diet coke, oh and your excellent company of course!

Overbaugh Family said...

It was so fun to see you and your boys! I wish we had more time with ya! Holy crap- 6 hours thats a marathon!! Let's hang out again soon! We love you guys!!